The NEOONS board welcomes YOU!
Welcome to your local ONS Chapter. NEOONS has been serving northeast Oklahoma for 25 years. We’re proud of our heritage and reputation.
Our mission is to promote excellence in oncology nursing and quality cancer care.
We are a rich mix of nurses, dedicated to our patients and each other. Our nurses come from all aspects of nursing including Inpatient, Outpatient, Home Health, Hospice and Industry. Our Chapter seeks to provide education and resources for our members as well as the community.
Our Goals include:
- Enhance the knowledge base of every nurse. Every meeting has an educational offering. Education provides a solid key to expanding understanding of disease process, treatment and patient / family needs.
- Promote oncology nursing. We welcome and encourage students to come to all our programs and are happy to provide mentorship for any student or new nurse interested in Oncology.
- Commitment to National ONS. National ONS provides us with a basic mission and philosophy and is the backbone of the organization. Many of our members attend ONS Congress.
- Commitment to fellow nurses. We support, encourage and rally behind each other as we move forward in practice, education and life.
We’re glad you have chosen to become a member of our organization and welcome your feedback and encourage your participation! NEOONS is a great place for learning, networking and encouragement in the practice of oncology and/or hospice nursing. It is a place where many lasting friendships begin! We hope you’ll be with us for years to come!
Calendar of Upcoming Events:
- August 12th. Regular Monthly Business Meeting at Bistro at Seville.10221 S. Yale. Starts at 5:45. Speaker: Dr. Gary Grad on Xtandi, Inhibiting the Androgen Receptor. Sponsored by Angi Phillips & Medivation. RSVP as usual to Barbara Paine, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-519-3142.
- September 6th. "Taking Care of Myself" 1/2 Day Conference sponsored by OSCO & NEOONS. 4.5 CEU's for only $10. Great Speakers! Register at www.OSCOok.org or call Kristen Ray at 918-274-8374 for more details.
- September 9th: Regular Monthly Business Meeting. Location to be announced.
- September 13th. Volunteering and walking at Anna Belle's 2nd Annual Ovarian Cancer Awareness Walk at CTCA.
- September 27th: Volunteering at Komen Race for the Cure.
Subscribe to Calendar Events
Click here to receive calendar events.