The NEOONS board welcomes YOU!
Welcome to your local ONS Chapter. NEOONS has been serving northeast Oklahoma for 25 years. We’re proud of our heritage and reputation.
Our mission is to promote excellence in oncology nursing and quality cancer care.
We are a rich mix of nurses, dedicated to our patients and each other. Our nurses come from all aspects of nursing including Inpatient, Outpatient, Home Health, Hospice and Industry. Our Chapter seeks to provide education and resources for our members as well as the community.
Our Goals include:
- Enhance the knowledge base of every nurse. Every meeting has an educational offering. Education provides a solid key to expanding understanding of disease process, treatment and patient / family needs.
- Promote oncology nursing. We welcome and encourage students to come to all our programs and are happy to provide mentorship for any student or new nurse interested in Oncology.
- Commitment to National ONS. National ONS provides us with a basic mission and philosophy and is the backbone of the organization. Many of our members attend ONS Congress.
- Commitment to fellow nurses. We support, encourage and rally behind each other as we move forward in practice, education and life.
We’re glad you have chosen to become a member of our organization and welcome your feedback and encourage your participation! NEOONS is a great place for learning, networking and encouragement in the practice of oncology and/or hospice nursing. It is a place where many lasting friendships begin! We hope you’ll be with us for years to come!
Calendar of Events
- December 3rd--Hospitality House Room in the Inn, Room in our Hearts. Join us at 6PM to enjoy the animated Christmas Light show, pick up the waiting room bags and then head over to a designated hospital to distribute. Area undetermined at this time.
- December 8th. Annual Christmas gathering and silent auction fundraiser. Location: Bodean's Seafood Restaurant. Host will be Celgene and Barbara Baum, RN, BSN, OCN will be speaking on MDS.
- January 12th. Special NEOONS Event. More to follow.
Subscribe to Calendar Events
Click here to receive calendar events.