The NEOONS board welcomes YOU!
Welcome to your local ONS Chapter. NEOONS has been serving northeast Oklahoma for 25 years. We’re proud of our heritage and reputation.
Our mission is to promote excellence in oncology nursing and quality cancer care.
We are a rich mix of nurses, dedicated to our patients and each other. Our nurses come from all aspects of nursing including Inpatient, Outpatient, Home Health, Hospice and Industry. Our Chapter seeks to provide education and resources for our members as well as the community.
Our Goals include:
- Enhance the knowledge base of every nurse. Every meeting has an educational offering. Education provides a solid key to expanding understanding of disease process, treatment and patient / family needs.
- Promote oncology nursing. We welcome and encourage students to come to all our programs and are happy to provide mentorship for any student or new nurse interested in Oncology.
- Commitment to National ONS. National ONS provides us with a basic mission and philosophy and is the backbone of the organization. Many of our members attend ONS Congress.
- Commitment to fellow nurses. We support, encourage and rally behind each other as we move forward in practice, education and life.
We’re glad you have chosen to become a member of our organization and welcome your feedback and encourage your participation! NEOONS is a great place for learning, networking and encouragement in the practice of oncology and/or hospice nursing. It is a place where many lasting friendships begin! We hope you’ll be with us for years to come!
Calendar of Upcoming Events:
- March 11th. Regular monthly Business Meeting at Ti Amos.--Joint Meeting with INS Indian Nation (Infusion Nurse Society). Prevention & Management of Oral Mucositis. presented by Mary Alexander, MSN, RN and sponsored by Spectum.
- March 15th- 0900 Board Meeting at Clarehouse. All are invited!
- March 27th- ONS Edge. CANCELLED. To be rescheduled in June.
- April 8th- regular Monthly Business Meeting. Polo Grill. Case Study: Elderly High risk patient with Previously Untreated Multiple Myeloma. Sponsored by Millenium and Pharmaceuticals and Lisa Stephenson.
- April 12th. Celebrating the Art of Healing at St. John's. Volunteers needed. 3.5 CE's offered.
- April 16th-Wednesday. Joint meeting with INS Indian Nation. 6:30 Reception & registration. 7PM Dinner & Presentation on "Because Everyone is Sick of the Stick-Fast, Effective Needle-Stick Pain Prevention in a simple-to use Patch." Sponsored by Galen Pharmaceuticals. RSVP to Jerry.Rowland @Galen-Pharma.com by April 14th.
Subscribe to Calendar Events
Click here to receive calendar events.